This is a quick and delicious meal. It’s quick to throw all the ingredients into a crockpot and come home to a delicious smelling dinner. This stew goes very well with some fresh baked bread or rolls and either a hearty dark beer or a glass of red wine.
- 1lb Lamb, diced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Pearl Barley
- 1/2 – 1 cup diced Potato (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 cup diced Carrot (optional)
- 5 cups Water
- Rosemary, Thyme, and Sage, to taste (preferably fresh)
- 2-3 bullion cubes (veggie or beef work best)
Place all the ingredients into a 1-quart crockpot, cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. If you need it done faster, cook on high for the first 1-2 hours, and then reduce the heat and cook for an additional 2 hours, or until the barley is soft enough to eat.