I had a soup similar to this at a restaurant years ago. It’s a perfect soup for a hot summer evening, cool and refreshing.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 – 2 Tbsp of vinegar
- Fresh dill (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Onion salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cut the cucumbers into chunks. (Optional to peel them).
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (Blender will result in a smoother soup, especially if you remove the peel).
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with a fresh sprig of dill (optional).
Makes 4 cups at approximately 190 calories per 1 cup.